Monday, August 25, 2008

Long Time No Post




I know....the posts are sparse lately. Pregnancy really puts a damper on ALL that I want to do. It's like I am on "couch rest" or something. The kids have learned to expect my frequent rests, though, and have become alot more independent the last few weeks. Even Liam can now get his own "nack" out of the fridge.


The latest and greatest at our house looks something like this:


Caleb has caught on to the thrill of Star Wars. We bought a new lawn mower. We are still trying to get rid of the dog, she's too stinky, too crazy and nobody is able to make the time to train her. Starting school next week. It will be good to be back on a regular schedule. A couple of the kids are getting over a cold. I ended up bleaching the stinky towels that were used to clean up milk. I figured after 5 washes, it was the last resort. Besides, they were worth more to me bleached than they were stinky. The new van is going great, the black car is near death. We are diligently searching for a place to move that is closer to the hospital. We are sick of paying $450.00+ on gas every month. Mike absolutely loves the E.R. and is almost sure that this is where he will spend his nursing career. Mike and I went down to O.O.B. , once again, to look for an assisted living place for Laurette. She isn't able to live alone, but not sick enough for a nursing home. The waiting lists of these places is incredibly long. The process of finding care for an old person is tedious and difficult. She doesn't want to live here because our house is too noisy, even with her hearing aids off. (Imagine that). The de-junking of the house is slowly coming along. When we move we are NOT bringing the junk with us. I am going to adopt Kristen's method.....keep one out of four things. It has been so liberating to get rid of so much. The other day, we got rid of 4 bags of clothes, a huge bag of videos/DVDs, 4 boxes of books and 5 trash bags of toys, which were all broken, never played with, out grown or had missing parts. We have much more to go, but it's a good start. I love purging, I feel so free when the clutter is gone. The baby is growing every day and the movements are getting stronger and more noticable. Feeling the baby move is my favorite part of pregnancy. I am still teaching institute, and loving it. We just finished the Old Testament and will start the New Testament in September. I will be down two students, though, because they are off to college.
There is so much more, but my pillow calls.
Bonne Nuit.
KKS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim, try craiglist.org there is a pet section where you can post your dog up for adoption. They have rules against selling them, but you are allowed to ask for a small adoption fee if you want. This also allows you to screen people to make sure she goes to good home. Too bad she is a big dog and we have a small house or I would take her. Plus we have two small dogs already, and 4 cats. Good luck and I will ask around to see if anyone I know wants her.
Shellie

Alida B. said...

You have a lovely blog! This is Alida...you left a comment on my blog the other day and I'd figured you were worth checking out if you took the time to leave a comment LOL!! Now I found a new blog to read, neat! :) Also, in response to your question we don't live in Maine we live in Kansas but I would love to visit Maine one day...sounds amazing! :) Feel free to check out my blog and comment whenever you want