Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Exciting

I saw these on Steve Spangler, whom I was introduced to by my sister. Because you know....she knows all of the coolest sites and has all of the cool ideas. I don't know where she gets the time to research all of this stuff, but happy to be the benefactor.
Anyway, I had been intending to buy these, we thought they would be so much fun. And then, it happened. We were in the dollar store, I was looking through the craft section and I saw them....right before my eyes. Liquid marbles for $1.00!!!!!!! Can you appreciate how excited I was? I bought 5, a bottle for everyone. Can't wait to play with them.
I attended a town meeting last night. A few of the locals have started a neighborhood association. No, it's not your typical H.O.A. They're not going to tell us not to hang clothes on the line, or any other rules that make a neighborhood seem more like a communist country (hate those). The two main issues hat the association has agreed to address are speeding and what to do with the old Primary School.
We went to Augusta yesterday because Mike had an interview for a job. It's very strange, I must tell you, to think of my husband as an analyst. I just can't imagine him wearing anything but scrubs. Nursing just fits him so well and he genuinely loves his job. The blood transfusions, the saving of lives, the insertion of i.v.'s, the wacky overdose people, the frequent flyers, the heart attacks, the dog bites....all of it. He thrives on the adrenalin that comes from saving a life and he loves direct patient care. We've discussed, at length, whether or not he will be happy doing this other job. He said that he would like it as long as he could still do per diem (two Saturdays a month) in the E.R. There are pro's and cons to this job. The pro's: he'll be home every night for dinner and other evening activities, he can work at least half of the time from home, he will never work weekends (except when he's on call, which will be once every six weeks, but even then he can work from home), the schedule is totally predictable, he will be combining his computer and medical experience, and there is a significant difference (+) in pay. The cons: he'll be working five days a week instead of three (which is normal for most people, I know, but it will be a big adjustment for us), he will have less direct patient care (which, like I said, he loves) and...........(????) I'll add more cons when I think of them. Although the interview went really well, we won't know for sure until he gets an actual offer. They're going to be making a decision in the next couple of weeks. On vera bien!!
Mike took the kids to Sunday River for a day of skiing. This is a whole new world for them. They have never ridden a gondola before. Our local ski mountain is so small in comparison. We love it because it is so friendly, but they have never seen trails like the ones at Sunday River. Mike called me right after they got there and said: "What should I do if Harrison forgot his ski pants after I told him repeatedly to put them in the van?" I said to just check him periodically for frost bite. Natural consequences are the best teachers. Nor would it be fair to make everyone else spend two hours to come back home to get them. The cold doesn't usually bother him, anyway.
The rest of us are having a very lazy day.

KKS

No comments: