Thursday, June 7, 2007

Eloquence That I Appreciate

These are not my words but I certainly appreciate them.

You were sent here to change the world,
not for the world to change you.
I appreciate this quote because it reminds me that we are sent here by our Father in Heaven and He knows our potential. I am still trying to reach mine and to help my children do the same. They have many spiritual attributes that I want to nurture.


What if......

What if I loved the skin I'm in
Focused on beauty from within
What if my spirit and my body
Lived in harmony

What if my grass was always green
Greener than any fields I've seen
What if I celebrate the garden
Right in front of me
My life is a beautiful garden
What if I loved the life I'm living
What if I only wanted what I've been given
I saw a bumper sticker once that said "Want what you have." and it is something that I am always working on. Expensive taste can be a curse sometimes.

What if I loved the man I'm with
Not who he'll be but who he is
This man was a gem when I married him and continues to improve each day. I love you, Mike.
What if it loosened up the soil
For more love to grow

What if I let my children be
Just who they are not what I need
What if I watched in wonder
As their tender wings unfold
This is my favorite phrase of the song and one that I repeat in my head on a daily basis. I want to give them roots to grow and wings to fly!!! My children are wonderful people and I don't want to get in their way of becoming who they are.
What if I wanted what You bring
I do want peace, comfort, happiness, forgiveness, eternal life and everything else He offers me.
Didn't long for the next big thing
What if I only lived for peace
And not for the thrill
What exactly is it that I am chasing when I think such and such will be better?

What if I gave You all my heart
Didn't hold back the slightest part
What if I lay it on the alter of Your will.
I love my Savior Jesus Christ and know that He is the rock I need to build on.

---Julie de Azevedo

_____________________

Gird up your loins,
Fresh courage take
Our God will never us forsake. Hymn





No comments: