Monday, November 19, 2007

There is a shower and then there is a SHOWER!

I read a comment made by a friend of mine about her "weekly shower" and thought that a post about this is very important for my posterity. Who knows, maybe 100 years from now there will be no such thing as body odor or oily hair. I feel it important to record how valuable a weekly shower really is. Now....I am not talking about the quick, I don't want to lock the door just in case they need me and I can't shave because the kids are out there killing each other, someone is at the door, the phone is ringing and the kids bring it to me, baby fell down the stairs so I can't rinse my hair, there is a kid looking in at me saying "What are you doing, Mommy?" kind of shower. I am talking about a full service shower complete with shaving, washing AND conditioning my hair, exfoliating my dry skin and even bathing my whole body. THESE are the kind that I only get once a week, usually on Saturday. I get out relaxed, calm and clean. Then I proceed to blow dry and style my hair. UNINTERRUPTED. And oh....how great it is.
KKS

No comments: