Saturday, November 24, 2007

Turkey Soup

Is there a better way to get rid of all the left over turkey? We have been eating it in all of it's varieties the last couple days so tonight I decided to go all out and make a big pot of turkey soup.
It was yummy...according to my family and the weather begged for some nice warm soup cooking on the stove. Of course the windows got all foggy so the kids made them their canvas, as usual. Now you know why I don't clean them very often in the winter time.
The bathroom.....I just couldn't stand it any more. I peeled that ugly wall paper off about a year ago, thinking that I was ambitious enough to do something about the UG at that time. But I like to take my time in making these decisions. Either that or I am a really good procrastinator. Anyway, I got it done. I finished the stripping, sanded the walls, painted and put up the cute border. It's looks fantastic if I do say so myself. Not exactly a remodeling job, but it looks much better than it did.
The kiddo's are sick. They have colds....surprise, surprise. It is that time of year, after all. Nothing too major, just coughs, runny noses and headaches. Caleb is not sick, however, so he will be the only one going to church tomorrow. He is leaving really early because Mike has bishop ric meeting and ward council. I really hope the others sleep in....they need it.
KKS

No comments: