Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Light Headed

It has been over a year since I have been to see Loraine, my lovely hairdresser. My hair was so long and I was feeling so frumpy looking. For the last few months I have resorted to putting it up in one of those "claw things" as the kids refer to them. It got way too long to blow dry, both in length and time, so I just started putting it up.....which I hate. But today.....I went to see my hero Loraine. She did a fabulous job and I love my haircut! It may sound crazy but I love new haircuts. And did you see that huge pile on the floor? I should have taken a picture of it. She commented on how she usually has that much hair after a whole day of cutting hair. We have thick hair in our family. Too bad we can't sell it for the same price as alpaca hair, which is $40.00 an ounce, I would be rich!
Liam looked at me funny when I got home, trying to figure out if I was Mommy or someone else. It is a drastic change, but I like it. When I picked him up to kiss him he gave me a big smile.
Mike has been so supportive of me being gone alot this summer. I haven't gone anywhere in particular, just out with friends, running errands alone (sans les enfants) and such. It is not that I strive to be away from them. It's just that when Mike is in school.......the housework, the shopping, the homeschooling, the errands, the appointments....everything is up to me. He is just too swamped with schoolwork to be available for the homefront. Nursing school is grueling. I am bracing myself for when he starts again in three weeks. In the meantime, I will eat him up and we will do lots of fun things as a family. I love that man and am so honored to be his wife. So in the middle of the year when I am feeling like I can't do it alone anymore....I will once again remind myself..."He is doing it for US, so that we can have a better life. It IS worth the sacrifice!" We will miss him....again. But "I will gird up my loins, fresh courage take. Our God will never us forsake." We know that this is what we are supposed to be doing and the Lord will help us all through it. I guess you might say that this a pep talk for myself, as I know what I am getting into. We'll make it.....with much prayer and patience, ofcourse!
KKS

No comments: