Sunday, August 19, 2007

Lundi Walking in Truth

Lundi’s Talk
August 19, 2007

My talk is about “I can recognize the promptings of the Holy Ghost.”
If I did something wrong and I told what I did and I wish I hadn’t done it. I pray for forgiveness and I feel better. I know that is the Holy Ghost.

One night I was having a nightmare. I woke up and I prayed that I would not have that dream anymore. Then I started thinking about happy things. After a few minutes I fell asleep again. I know the Holy Ghost comforted me.

Just last week I received the Gift of the Holy Ghost. I know that if I listen to the still small voice I can be prompted, or spoken to by the spirit.

In Moroni chapter 8 verse 26 we read this: 26 And the remission of sins bringeth
meekness, and lowliness of heart; and because of meekness and lowliness of heart cometh the visitation of the Holy Ghost, which Comforter filleth with hope and perfect love, which love endureth by diligence unto prayer, until the end shall come, when all the saints shall dwell with
God.

I know that if I pray then I will be comforted by the Holy Ghost. My testimony is that I know the Holy Ghost can prompt me and keep me safe from sin. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.


Lundi wrote this completely on her own and even looked up the scripture in the Bible dictionary. Now, I know that she did sway a little bit away from the assigned topic, but all in all she did fantastic and I was filled with joy when she came and read it to me. She does not have alot of experience with being prompted.....at least not that she recognizes. As she grows older and spiritually matures, she will get better at recognizing the promptings of the Holy Ghost.
I really love the way she shared personal experiences. It tells me that she is "getting it." There is a scripture that I love and think of often. It also helps me to keep my priorities in check. The absolute most important thing that I need to teach my children is the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that if they have their own convictions of its truthfulness, the Lord will direct their lives and everything else will fall into place. Here is the scripture:

4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. --3 John 1:4

This scripture comes to mind on a regular basis when we have spiritual experiences together. Layer upon layer I want to arm them with a testimony of the gospel so that when they leave my home they will continue to walk in truth. I am indeed grateful this day for Lundi and her desire to live the gospel. She is a special daughter of God and I hope she will always walk tall in this knowledge.
KKS

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wanted you to know that I am not ignoring your blog.
I am still stuck on "cracking the whip". Trying to find my way to enlightenment. :) (have been since you wrote it)
I'm hoping for soon...
:)
Love you.

Kim said...

It's OK. I do love when you leave me comments. But please, don't feel obligated to do so. Like you related in one of your posts...... This blog is therapeutic for me and also a great place to record our (crazy) life.
I love you.