Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Bitter Sweet Day



Sorry.  I guess I left that ranting post up way too long.  It's O.K.  I'm O.K., I'm over it.  Most of the time, I can handle those days, but on that day, I was hanging by a thread...all day.  I think it had a lot to do with the amount of sleep I got.
Today we went to go see this precious person.....


....and lets just say, she is not doing well.  Since she had her great fall, she has also had a heart attack, been hospitalized three times, and has yet to get out of bed.  She doesn't use the right side of her body at all.  Her right arm is giving her a lot of pain She broke it in two places).  She did recognize us, although we had to remind her of the childrens' names.  She was absolutely thrilled to hold the baby, and Audrey laid in her arm and cooed at her for quite some time.  It was so sweet.  It made Laurette so happy.  It was soooo worth the four hour trip.  The kids can always bring a smile to her face.  As a matter of fact, everyone that lives there smiles when they come around.  I get stressed out about Liam wandering in and out of the residents rooms, but all of the old people just light up when they see him, so I am reminded that children bring sunshine into their lives.  I am also touched by how much compassion my children show to these people.  It really brings out the best in them.  I am so thankful for the lessons that they are learning, which can never be taught.

            The oldest person that I love (95), and the youngest person that I love (5 months).

KKS

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm glad you guys got to go see her!
xxoo

Unknown said...

I've just been catching up on your sweet family! Man everyone is so big and all your posts have made me laugh. haha. Thanks for sharing so we can keep up from way out here in Utah! :)