Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sacred Sunday

There will be more changes around here soon. Something is happening in our family that will require more organization, more sacrifice, more commitment and more trust in our Heavenly Father. On the other hand, these changes will also bring great blessings to our family. I have a few (minor) reservations. I am weak and easily overwhelmed by all that I have to do. Mike is a key player in keeping our household running, our children happy and our finances in order. He is half my team. I feel like my plate is full and over flowing. So much of the time I am choosing between two equally important (and righteous) things. I think this is a common feeling among the members of The Church. It's no secret that we are asked to give, and give a lot. We give of our time (we have a lay ministry), our talents and money. But as all faithful members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints can attest to, the blessings far outweigh the sacrifice. The Lord always blesses us for our obedience. I know he will compensate for the time that Mike will be away from us, fulfilling his calling. Many times today, I have thought about this talk that was given in October 2007 General Conference. It will now become more important to me and take on new meaning as I try to prioritize what is good, better or best.
Today I am thankful for a loving Father in heaven and the opportunity he gives us to serve and grow in the gospel of Jesus Christ.


KKS

No comments: