Thursday, April 30, 2009

Cookie Pops




The annual Kid Stuff Sale is coming up this Saturday.  On Tuesday I was able to go and volunteer to get things ready.  There are a lot of things to be done and Barb does an amazing job of getting things organized.  She does this every year.  All of the money raised goes to scholarships for kids to attend summer camp.  My children have received scholarships in the past, so volunteering to help with the sale is just one way I can return the favor. I really enjoy serving in the community.  It's a great way to get out of the house, think outside my family, make new friends and do a good deed.  Mike's schedule affords me these opportunities.
They sell baked goods there, too.  This year I wanted to make something.  The first time I saw, tasted and discovered these beauties was at the Kid Stuff sale a few years ago.  I don't even know what they are called, we call them "Cookie Pops."
You need:
Double Stuff Oreos
Sucker or  popcycle sticks
Chocolate bark or milk chocolate chips (melted)
Sprinkles

And that's it.  They are so cute and so fun to make.  Here are a few tips......
1) Only put the stick half way into the cookie.  The frosting acts like cement to keep the two cookies together, so if you put the stick in too far, they come apart.
2) Keep your chocolate really warm so it's runny.  Too much chocolate makes the cookie fall off the stick.  
Happy cookie pop making!!!!

KKS



No comments: