Thursday, April 30, 2009

So Far Behind

Today was about the injured sparrow, 





Pizza Hut for dinner, playing "camping", finding toys to get rid of, and many discussions about Aunt Stephanie (the children are very concerned) and precious prayers for the one who has been poisoned.    I am so humbled by their faith and their hearts of compassion.  They genuinely care about people, especially our family.  Here are the highlights of their evening prayers. (Well, the ones I heard, anyway.  C&L have their personal prayers alone now............sniff sniff)
Caleb gave the family prayer tonight.....
"Please bless Aunt Stephanie that the poison will leave her body soon.  Give her strength to overcome this.  We love her so much and don't want her to suffer."
Harrison in his personal prayer.....
(let me preface by saying that ever since Savannah got sick, and we started praying for her as a family, he has always said "thank for that...." such and such will happen.  He never asks in a "please bless that......." or "we ask thee........" kind of way.  I think it's cute that he always thanks Heavenly Father in advance for the blessings that he has the faith to receive before he ever receives them.)
Anyway, so tonight he says:
"Thank You for that I love my Aunt Stephanie and she loves me.  Thank You for that she will get better and she won't die.  Thank for that Trevy won't be worried about her because I love him, too.  Thank you for that she will feel better tomorrow.  Thank you for that I know that you love her."
Lauren in her personal prayer:
I know that Jesus loves Aunt Stephanie and Jesus loves us all.  Please bless her that she will get better. Please help her tummy ache to go away and the bad food will go out of her tummy so she can feel better.  I love her because she is my aunt.  Mommy loves her, too.
Liam in his (prompted) personal prayer:
Peese bess Aunt Nanafee she get bettah.  
Prayer works, this we know.  Since we can't help our sick loved one in any other way, we will continue to keep her in our prayers.

KKS

No comments: